Monday, February 8, 2010

A new year, the same old me

So, it's fair to say that I'm pretty bad about blogging. I just haven't gotten into the habit of it, I guess. But maybe I'll try a little harder, get a little better, and see what happens.

Sometimes we have to separate ourselves from the people that we care about, not because they have done anything wrong, but because we need the time. I'm at that point right now, and I do not like it. I'm always worried that I'm hurting someone's feelings, and maybe I am, but it's not my intention.

To all my friends: know that I love you and care about you and I would do just about anything you ever asked of me, no matter the cost. Right now, I've got to take a step back and take care of me, because I'm literally worn out and don't have much left to give. But rest assured, soon I'll be back and better than ever and all myself again. I'd rather you had that girl than the grumpy old fart sitting here typing right now. You all are amazing, and I'm lucky to know such wonderful people.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night - take these broken wings and learn to fly.
All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to arise.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night - take these sunken eyes and learn to see.
All your life, you were only waiting for this moment to be free.
Blackbird fly, into the light of the dark black night.

No comments:

Post a Comment